Environmental Inspection Services
INSPECTION & MAINTENANCE
EnviroScience’s environmental inspection services are designed to help your construction project achieve, maintain, and document environmental compliance. We have 12 full-time Environmental Inspectors (EIs) who offer professional experience to assist your project through all phases of construction including environmental field surveys, tree clearing, right-of-way building, active construction, and post-construction restoration. Our CESSWI and CPESC certified inspectors are adept and knowledgeable with federal, state, and local environmental permits, as well as the standards and guidelines needed to keep your project moving forward and in compliance with changing environmental regulations.
Our inspectors work with utility companies, oil and gas companies, and electric companies on construction/linear projects to help build their environmental compliance programs (focusing on stormwater and USACE wetland BMPs) at the field level. Our staff can bridge the gap between designers/planners/managers and field crews by understanding the requirements of the permits at the planning stage and translating the regulations to ensure field personnel understand what they must do to stay in compliance. Not only do we perform the weekly and rain event inspections required by the SWPPP/OEPA, we identify potential compliance issues and help the design/planning/management team pro-actively find solutions and develop protocols.
Common duties and responsibilities of EnviroScience EIs are:
- Providing planning stage environmental field surveys and structural Best Management Practice (BMP) estimations
- Understanding, implementing, maintaining, and enforcing every procedure and mitigation measure listed in the environmental and construction documents and permits
- Providing environmental training for all project personnel as needed
- Conducting the necessary Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) inspections and developing all of the applicable documentation and amendments
- Spot checking the field environmental reviews (design) to provide audit function and a second professional opinion
- Providing guidance during construction near or within the boundaries of wetlands, streams, and other environmentally/culturally sensitive areas and habitats
- Providing Ecological Risk Assessments
- Developing and submitting construction-related variance requests
- Evaluating the construction contractor’s implementation of BMPs and environmental mitigation measures required in the contract and other authorizing documents
- Ordering or recommending the corrective actions needed to resolve non-compliance issues
- Documenting compliance with the conditions of any environmental permit required by federal, state, and local agencies
- Coordinating all environmental field inspections by federal, state, and local agencies
- Maintaining daily and weekly status reports and providing these reports to the project manager and/or agency officials if requested
- Providing post-construction restoration inspections, reports, and mitigation support
Need help with your project?
Our experts are here to discuss your needs and how we can help you move your project forward. Fill out the form below for more information on our services or to request a quote and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours. If you need a response within an hour or less, please call us at 800-940-4025.