Director of Business Development – Stow, Ohio
Classification: Full-Time Position
Compensation: Salary of $80,000-100,000, plus bonus incentives
Reports to: Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Date: July 2019
Company: EnviroScience, Inc. is seeking a Director of Business Development based out of our corporate headquarters in Stow, Ohio.
EnviroScience is an environmental consulting firm and laboratory that helps public and private sector entities monitor and manage water and natural resource issues. Our team of field scientists, divers, and engineers develop unique, cost-effective solutions for our clients’ environmental, infrastructure and regulatory needs. Our clients repeatedly choose EnviroScience because of our technical expertise, client advocacy, high-quality work, and outstanding reputation with regulators and industry executives.
We are seeking a highly self-motivated and proven Director of Business Development that will be responsible for cultivating new business relationships and expanding existing business relationships within our geographic territory. The Director of Business Development will be responsible for identifying prospects, coordinating the technical professionals within EnviroScience to help close a sale, and maintaining relationships with customers and industry influencers. Technical staff and Practice Area Managers will be responsible for supporting the Director of Business Development in all sales activities.
The successful candidate will have the drive to work in a sales environment and the confidence and skills to work in the professional technical services industry (environmental / engineering).
- Solicit and develop new business opportunities through direct calling efforts, referral sources, and conferences, as well as any other appropriate means
- Develop sales plans for existing customers as well as potential new customers
- Visit key customers at least once per year to reaffirm satisfaction and identify new opportunities
- Coordinate involvement and interaction of key technical staff to drive sales
- Represent the EnviroScience at conferences, meetings, industry associations, and other events
- Bring new ideas and enthusiasm to the sales process
- Respond to sales leads promptly and ensure technical staff do the same
- Coordinate the onboarding of new accounts with the technical staff
- Keep accurate records of calls, meetings and other activities (call reports) in CRM
- Maintain an accurate and up to date pipeline of sales opportunities
- Work with the team to shorten the sales cycle and move deals through the pipeline
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all services offered
- Assist with preparing proposals, quotes, and customer contracts
Required Skills and Experience
- Prior sales experience with a history of sustainable growth and success in gaining access to and influencing senior leadership of customers – at least 5 years of relevant experience preferred
- Great people skills, communications skills & great client relations and customer service skills
- Sales experience within the Environmental and Engineering service industry a plus
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Proven ability to understand and communicate technical detail
- Proven record of strong leadership, sound judgment, and good decision-making
- Strong teamwork skills
- Works well in a fast-paced environment
- Preferred but not required: Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical field (science or engineering) or in business
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
EnviroScience, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send cover letter and CV/Resume to Jobs@EnviroScienceInc.com with “Director of Business Development” followed by your name in the subject line.
Restoration Construction Management – Stow, Ohio
EnviroScience is seeking a qualified applicant for a Restoration Construction Management position to oversee and implement ecological restoration projects.
The position involves an active role in a fast-paced environmental construction team. The position candidate will begin implementing restoration project work at the ground level under the direction of a Project Manager with the ability to transition to more responsibility and management commensurate with performance. The candidate will be required to verify/approve grading and environmental construction, perform design plan layout in the field, install native plants, manage invasive species, and other similar tasks.
On an annual basis, work duties would be approximately 70% field and 30% office. During the field season, approximately April through October, expect to work 75-80% in the field. A typical work day consists of an 8-10 hour day, although, in accordance with the requirements of specific assignments, may include irregular hours. Overnight travel and working for extended periods throughout Ohio and surrounding states will be project specific but overnight travel will be required.
Candidates may be asked to demonstrate skill proficiency during the interview process. At least 2 interviews are anticipated for the successful award of the position.
The ideal candidate would have a multidisciplinary background containing a mixture of surveying, construction oversight, river morphology, wetlands, landscaping, invasive species management, and managerial skills and experience. The candidate should be an autonomous, highly motivated individual that can communicate effectively, document work activities, solve problems, and troubleshoot in an earth-moving and heavy equipment atmosphere. A strong desire to improve the environment and passion for restoration should be at the core of the individual’s personality. A creative, design-minded individual that can operate in a design-build setting is desired. Excellent communication skills and the right personality are important. Strong communication skills with EnviroScience personnel, construction laborers, operators, and construction managers are a necessity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Science and Management, Surveying or Life Sciences (Ecology, Environmental Science, Botany, Biology, Fisheries, Forestry)
- 2 Years of Work Experience Minimum. Valid Driver’s License
- 2 Years of experience working in large scale earth-moving, excavation, and grading operations
- 2 Years of experience conducting construction oversight/management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office computer programs (i.e., Word, Excel, etc.)
- Strong technical writing abilities
- Proficient with AutoCAD / Civil 3D – Formal coursework or inequivalent work experience
- The candidate should be technically proficient with various modes of surveying instruments, including, but not limited to Total Station, GPS-based surveying systems, and rotating laser levels. One or more years’ experience or comparable class work/training in AutoCAD required.
- Candidates who also possess training in fluvial geomorphology and/or previous experience implementing restoration projects will be preferred.
- Formal stream morphology training or Rosen Level 1 is a plus.
This is a full time, permanent position after a 30-day probationary period. Salary will be determined based on experience and qualifications. EnviroScience offers options for health insurance, 401K, bonus opportunities, and many other benefits.
Please send cover letter and CV/Resume to Jobs@EnviroScienceInc.com with Restoration Construction Management followed by your name in the subject line. The cover letter should be the focus of your application with the resume acting as supporting documentation. The letter should be written in a manner that demonstrates why you feel your qualifications will fit the job description. Applicants are encouraged to elaborate and provide examples of past work experience to demonstrate their qualifications. The job will remain posted until the position has been awarded. EnviroScience reserves the right to cancel the job posting at any time without filling the position. EnviroScience is an equal opportunity employer and encourages minority and veteran applicants.
Environmental/Civil Engineer – Stow, Ohio
EnviroScience, Inc. is recognized as a leader in environmental consulting, ecological restoration, marine services, and biomonitoring in freshwater systems throughout the Midwest and Southeast. Visit www.EnviroScienceInc.com for more information.
EnviroScience (ES) is seeking a Professional Engineer with experience in water resource engineering and Clean Water Act regulations. A licensed professional engineer with strong writing skills and a knowledge of in-process water and NPDES permitting. This individual must be versed in environmental permitting procedures including:
- NPDES permitting
- Permit implementation
- Regulatory interpretation
- Data gathering, calculations, and analysis
Primary duties will include project implementation, review of NPDES permits, regulatory interpretation, meetings with clients and regulators, and document delivery including proposals, reports, variances, and other deliverables. AutoCAD Civil 3D knowledge is a plus. The ideal candidate would be licensed in Ohio, but well-qualified candidates that can demonstrate the qualifications for an Ohio engineer license will be considered.
The position will include a range of tasks within a team of engineers and scientists. The preferred candidate will have environmental permitting and compliance experience with industrial, commercial, and municipal clients. In addition to performing site assessments, permitting, and project reports, the candidate will be responsible for keeping projects on schedule and on budget; providing quality control and oversight of engineering design. Field work will be required, and the position may require limited travel and overnight stays to support projects and meet with clients.
The position may include participation in industry, business, and community organizations, business development, and strategic planning with an emphasis on growing engineering and compliance services in Ohio and the eastern United States. Candidates may be asked to demonstrate skill proficiency during the interview process. At least 2 interviews are anticipated for the successful award of the position.
The ideal candidate would be a creative, environmentally focused individual having a multidisciplinary background containing a mixture of engineering, science, regulatory, and writing skills. The candidate should be a self-directed, highly motivated individual that can communicate effectively, document work activities, solve problems, and troubleshoot in a fast-paced, dynamic consulting environment. A strong desire to improve the environment while working as a client-advocate should be at the core of the individual’s personality. A creative individual that can operate independently with clients and is focused on timely completion of deliverables is a must. Excellent communication skills with ES personnel and clients is a necessity. Additional requirements for the position include:
- Ability and desire to be part of a fun, dynamic team focused on providing quality environmental services and consulting across the U.S.
- P.E. certification (ideally OH, also WV, PA, VA, and TN a plus) with a bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Experience with Clean Water Act regulations, including NPDES Permitting regulations and familiarity with Ohio EPA permitting requirements and procedures.
- Experience with negotiating NPDES permits and orders issued to clients by state and federal environmental regulatory agencies.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D a plus.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task regularly in a fast-paced environment with multiple changes; accepting responsibility for critical work products and meeting tight deadlines.
This is a full-time position after a 30-day probationary period. Salary will be determined based on experience and qualifications. ES offers options for health insurance, 401K, bonus opportunities, and many other benefits.
Please send a cover letter and CV/resume to Jobs@EnviroScienceInc.com with “Compliance Services Engineer” followed by your name in the subject line. The cover letter should be the focus of your application with your resume acting as supporting documentation. The letter should be written in a manner that demonstrates why you feel your qualifications will fit the job description. Applicants are encouraged to elaborate and provide examples of past work experience to demonstrate their qualifications. We are looking to fill this position immediately; but, the job will remain posted until the position has been awarded. ES reserves the right to cancel the job posting at any time without filling the position. We encourage minority and veteran applicants. ES is an equal opportunity employer.
Commercial Diving Superintendent/Business Development- Stow, Ohio
EnviroScience, Inc. an ADCI member company since 2006, has conducted a wide range of diving operations since 1998. Over the years, these operations evolved into a division of the company called ES-Divers. ES-Divers offers ADCI and IMCA-compliant surface supplied diving operations, including underwater inspection, underwater construction services, potable water diving, contaminated diving, as well as support for biological studies. ES-Divers has a strong commitment to providing solutions for all of our clients’ in water needs.
Description: We are seeking an experienced, ADCI Air Diving Supervisor with a minimum of 6 years of industry work history including near-shore and inland diving to support project acquisition and management. The ideal candidate will have strong supervisory (supervisor certification) and communication skills, as well as an intimate knowledge of local bidding processes and potential clients. Additionally, this candidate should be familiar with ADCI, IMCA, OSHA CFR-29, EM 385-1-1, and AWWA Potable Water diving standards. This position will assist the existing ES-Diver team of supervisors, divers, and business developers to expand the company client base and capabilities. These areas include but are not limited to underwater construction, inspection, power generation plant maintenance and support, salvage, and emergency spill response. This position is based out of northeastern Ohio and supporting our TN, VA, TX and MI offices, and will provide a flexible work schedule. This position will require the ability to travel primarily during the summer and fall months as necessary, but extended deployments (>2-weeks) are not expected.
Responsibilities / Attributes:
- Possess knowledge of the inland diving markets in the Midwest and Eastern United States.
- Ability to attract long and short-term contracts for various diving and underwater projects.
- Prepare proposals and bids to technical specifications.
- Complete dive operation plans and risk assessments, coordinate closely with clients and EnviroScience personnel and delegate responsibilities for jobs.
- Prepare dive plans, coordinate with client and oversight (USACE, USCG, HSE) personnel.
- Be competent in supervising and directing surface supplied diving operations as needed.
- Current dive certifications desired, but well-qualified non-diving candidates considered.
- Advanced degrees/certifications (PE Engineer, Bridge Inspection Leader) highly desired.
Key Benefits of ES-Divers:
- Be part of an established, growing company that places the highest value on safety, its employees, and quality work.
- Support of a team of experienced dive supervisors and divers doing interesting work.
- The backing of a fulltime marketing and business development program, an established team of commercial diving professionals, and a company resume 11 years of successful diving projects with no fatalities or serious injuries.
- Fulltime benefits including health insurance, profit sharing, and performance bonus.
- A large inventory of top-notch, well-maintained diving equipment and work boats.
Submittal: We encourage veteran and minority applicants and are an equal opportunity employer. Please send cover letter and CV/Resume to email@example.com with “Commercial Diving Superintendent” followed by your name in the subject line.
EnviroScience—An Equal Opportunity Employer
Here at EnviroScience, we value a diverse workforce and consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by U.S. laws or regulations.
*E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security