Ecological Restoration Engineer
EnviroScience, Inc. (ES) is recognized as a leader in environmental consulting, ecological restoration, marine services, and biomonitoring in freshwater systems throughout the Midwest and Southeast.
EnviroScience (ES) is seeking a skilled engineer with experience in stream restoration design and surface water hydrologic and open-channel hydraulic analysis and modeling. A licensed professional engineer in the State of Ohio is a must and a candidate with other licensures in surrounding states is a plus. Primary duties will include ecological restoration design, plan development, proposal support and assistance with project implementation. Types of projects will included ecosystem restoration and enhancement projects, natural channel design/stream restoration, wetlands, and bank stabilizations. The candidate must have a strong skill set in AutoCAD Civil 3D, HEC-HMS, and HEC-RAS software.
The ideal candidate will take an active role in a fast-paced environmental restoration team. The position will include a range of tasks but will emphasize a leadership position within a team of biologists, CAD technicians and construction personnel. The position will perform water resources assessments and analysis including: watershed hydrology, open-channel hydraulics, river and floodplain modelling/permitting. The candidate will be responsible for assisting the team in keeping projects on schedule and on budget, quality control and oversight of engineering design, and development of construction plans in collaboration with design team and project manager.
Opportunities for field work include surveying natural stream and wetland systems as well as construction oversight. On an annual basis work duties would be approximately 30% field and 70% office. The position will entail travel and short-term overnight efforts to collect field data, oversee restoration projects, and meet with clients.
Candidates may be asked to demonstrate skill proficiency during the interview process. At least 2 interviews are anticipated for successful award of the position.
The ideal candidate would be a creative, environmentally focused individual having a multidisciplinary background containing a mixture of surveying, design and plan development and construction implementation/oversight experience. The individual should be an autonomous, highly motivated individual that can communicate effectively, document work activities, solve problems and troubleshoot in a fast-paced consulting environment. A strong desire to improve the environment and passion for restoration should be at the core of the individual’s personality. A creative design-minded individual that can operate in a design-build setting is desired. The right personality coupled with excellent communication skills with ES personnel, construction laborers, operators and construction managers is a necessity.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering required, Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related degree preferred.
- PE certification and 5 years’ post-Bachelor’s experience minimum
- Experience developing stream restoration/natural channel design construction plans in the AutoCad Civil 3D environment
- Completion of Rosgen NCD Levels I and II, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in surface water hydrology and open-channel hydraulics
- Experience with AutoCad Civil 3D 2012, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel, and various other civil engineering software programs
- Experience with floodplain permitting
- Ability to work independently and multi-task regularly in a fast-paced environment with multiple changes; work under pressure & meet tight deadlines
- Project Management Professional certification a plus
This is a full time, permanent position after a 30-day probationary period. Salary will be determined based on experience and qualifications. ES offers options for health insurance, 401K, bonus opportunities, and many other benefits.
Please send cover letter and CV/Resume to Jobs@EnviroScienceInc.com with Restoration Construction Management followed by your name in the subject line. Cover letter should be the focus of your application with resume acting as supporting documentation. Letter should be written in a manner that demonstrates why you feel that your qualifications will be fit the job description. Applicants are encouraged to elaborate and provide examples of past work experience to demonstrate your qualifications. We are looking to fill this position immediately but the job will remain posted until the position has been awarded. ES reserves the right to cancel the job posting at any time without filling the position. We encourage minority and veteran applicants, ES is an equal opportunity employer.
Commercial Diving Superintendent/Business Development- Stow, Ohio
EnviroScience, Inc. has conducted a wide range of diving operations since 1998. Over the years, these operations evolved into a division of the company called ES-Divers. ES-Divers offers OSHA and ADCI surface supplied diving operations, including underwater inspection, underwater construction services, potable water diving, contaminated diving, as well as support for biological studies. ES-Divers has a constant commitment to providing comprehensive solutions for all of our clients’ in water needs.
Description: We are seeking an experienced, ADCI and/or IMCA certified diver with a minimum of 10 years industry work history in the Northeastern United States to assist our growing commercial diving division in project acquisition and management. The ideal candidate will have strong supervisory (supervisor certification) and communication skills, as well as an intimate knowledge of local bidding processes and potential clients. Additionally, this candidate will be familiar with ADCI, OSHA CFR-29, Army Corps of Engineers EM 385-1-1, and AWWA Potable Water diving standards. The winning candidate will assist the existing ES-Diver team of supervisors, divers, and business developers to expand the company client base and capabilities. These areas include but are not limited to underwater construction, inspection, power generation plant maintenance and support, salvage, and emergency spill response. This position will provide flexible hours and ability to work from a remote location if applicable. This position will require the ability to travel during the summer months as necessary, but extended deployments are not expected.
- Possess knowledge of the local diving market in the Northeastern United States area, including Ohio and Pennsylvania (required).
- Networking ability to attract long and short term contracts for various diving and underwater projects.
- Prepare proposals and bids to technical specifications.
- Complete dive operation plans and risk assessments, coordinate closely with clients and EnviroScience personnel, and delegate responsibilities for jobs.
- Be competent in supervising and directing surface supplied diving operations as needed.
Key Benefits of ES-Divers:
- Be part of an established, growing company that places the highest value on safety, its employees, and quality work.
- Support of a team of experienced dive supervisors and divers.
- The backing of a fulltime marketing and business development program, an established team of commercial diving professionals, and a company resume 11 years of successful diving projects with no fatalities or serious injuries.
- Fulltime benefits including health insurance, profit sharing, and performance bonus.
- A large inventory of top-notch, well-maintained diving equipment and work boats.
Submittal: We encourage minority applicants and are an equal opportunity employer. Please send cover letter and CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Commercial Diving Superintendent followed by your name in the subject line.
Wetland Scientist / Project Manager – Richmond, VA
EnviroScience, Inc. (ES) is recognized as a leader in environmental consulting, ecological restoration, marine services, and biomonitoring in freshwater systems throughout the USA. Visit www.EnviroScienceInc.com for more information.
ES is currently seeking a full time, mid-level wetland scientist to support our growing natural resources division at the Richmond, VA office. This position involves wetland assessments and delineation field work, but may include terrestrial surveys, stream assessments, wetland functional assessments using state and federal protocols, water quality permitting, and project management.
Responsibilities: Conduct wetland assessments/delineations, stream assessments, terrestrial surveys, wetland functional assessments, plant identification, rare/threatened/endangered species habitat surveys, permit preparation, and technical report writing. This position may also involve client development based on experience level of the successful candidate.
- Minimum BS degree in the Biological Sciences, Environmental Science or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years wetland delineation field experience including experience in environmental compliance and permitting; working with regulatory agencies and the public; resource protection and management.
- Ability to delineate wetlands independently.
- Ability to read and interpret resource mapping.
- Experience with Mid-Atlantic, Eastern Mountain and Piedmont flora.
- Ability to key out and identify plants using plant identification manuals.
- Experience with soil classification.
- Experience with Global Position Systems (GPS).
- Familiarity with state and federal regulations, the 1987 United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Manual and current Regional Supplements.
- Experience with technical report writing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to work independently.
Additional Beneficial Skills:
- Additional background in endangered species, herpetology or stormwater compliance a plus.
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers 40 hour wetland delineation training a plus.
- Experience with AutoCAD or GIS a plus.
- Experience in Project Management and Development a plus.
These positions may include travel and some tasks will require strenuous field work. Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record. Background check required.
Compensation: This is a full time, permanent position after a 30-day probationary period. Salary will be determined based on experience and qualifications. ES offers options for health insurance, 401K, bonus opportunities, and many other benefits.
Submittal: We encourage minority applicants and an equal opportunity employer. Please send cover letter and CV/Resume to Jobs@EnviroScienceInc.com with Wetland Scientist / Project Manager followed by your name in the subject line.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Richmond, VA
Required Education: Bachelor’s
- Technical Report Writing: 3 years
- Wetland Delineation Field: 3 years
- 404 Compliance and Permitting: 2 years
Bat Ecologist – Stow, Ohio
EnviroScience, Inc. (ES) is recognized as a leader in environmental consulting, ecological restoration, marine services, and biomonitoring in freshwater systems throughout the USA. ES seeks to add a full time bat ecologist to our growing natural resources division at the Stow Ohio office. This position will involve a full range of tasks including habitat surveys, emergence counts, mist-net surveys, acoustic monitoring, radio telemetry, winter hibernacula surveys, and various other bat related duties. Valid federal and state collector’s permits are required. This position will include overnight and extended travel during the summer months and some tasks will require strenuous field work.
- Valid federal and state scientific collector’s permits are required.
- Minimum BS degree in biological sciences, environmental science or related field.
- Minimum of 2+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to work independently.
- These positions may include travel and some tasks will require strenuous field work. Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record. Background check required.
Compensation: This is a full time, permanent position after a 30-day probationary period. Salary will be negotiated based on experience and qualifications. ES offers options for health insurance, 401K, bonus opportunities, and many other benefits.
Submittal: We encourage minority applicants and are an equal opportunity employer. Please send cover letter and CV/Resume to Jobs@EnviroScienceInc.com with “Bat Ecologist” followed by your name in the subject line, or fill out the form below with materials attached.
EnviroScience—An Equal Opportunity Employer
Here at EnviroScience, we value a diverse workforce and consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by U.S. laws or regulations.