Environmental/Civil Engineer – Stow, OH
EnviroScience, Inc. is recognized as a leader in environmental consulting, ecological restoration, marine services, and biomonitoring in freshwater systems throughout the Midwest and Southeast. Visit www.EnviroScienceInc.com for more information.
EnviroScience (ES) is seeking a Professional Engineer with experience in water resource engineering and Clean Water Act regulations. A licensed professional engineer with strong writing skills and a knowledge of in-process water and NPDES permitting. This individual must be versed in environmental permitting procedures including:
- NPDES permitting
- Permit implementation
- Regulatory interpretation
- Data gathering, calculations, and analysis
Primary duties will include project implementation, review of NPDES permits, regulatory interpretation, meetings with clients and regulators, and document delivery including proposals, reports, variances, and other deliverables. AutoCAD Civil 3D knowledge is a plus. The ideal candidate would be licensed in Ohio, but well-qualified candidates that can demonstrate the qualifications for an Ohio engineer license will be considered.
The position will include a range of tasks within a team of engineers and scientists. The preferred candidate will have environmental permitting and compliance experience with industrial, commercial, and municipal clients. In addition to performing site assessments, permitting, and project reports, the candidate will be responsible for keeping projects on schedule and on budget; providing quality control and oversight of engineering design. Field work will be required, and the position may require limited travel and overnight stays to support projects and meet with clients.
The position may include participation in industry, business, and community organizations, business development, and strategic planning with an emphasis on growing engineering and compliance services in Ohio and the eastern United States. Candidates may be asked to demonstrate skill proficiency during the interview process. At least 2 interviews are anticipated for the successful award of the position.
The ideal candidate would be a creative, environmentally focused individual having a multidisciplinary background containing a mixture of engineering, science, regulatory, and writing skills. The candidate should be a self-directed, highly motivated individual that can communicate effectively, document work activities, solve problems, and troubleshoot in a fast-paced, dynamic consulting environment. A strong desire to improve the environment while working as a client-advocate should be at the core of the individual’s personality. A creative individual that can operate independently with clients and is focused on timely completion of deliverables is a must. Excellent communication skills with ES personnel and clients is a necessity. Additional requirements for the position include:
- Ability and desire to be part of a fun, dynamic team focused on providing quality environmental services and consulting across the U.S.
- P.E. certification (ideally OH, also WV, PA, VA, and TN a plus) with a bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Experience with Clean Water Act regulations, including NPDES Permitting regulations and familiarity with Ohio EPA permitting requirements and procedures.
- Experience with negotiating NPDES permits and orders issued to clients by state and federal environmental regulatory agencies.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D a plus.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task regularly in a fast-paced environment with multiple changes; accepting responsibility for critical work products and meeting tight deadlines.
This is a full-time position after a 30-day probationary period. Salary will be determined based on experience and qualifications. ES offers options for health insurance, 401K, bonus opportunities, and many other benefits.
Please send a cover letter and CV/resume to Jobs@EnviroScienceInc.com with “Compliance Services Engineer” followed by your name in the subject line. The cover letter should be the focus of your application with your resume acting as supporting documentation. The letter should be written in a manner that demonstrates why you feel your qualifications will fit the job description. Applicants are encouraged to elaborate and provide examples of past work experience to demonstrate their qualifications. We are looking to fill this position immediately; but, the job will remain posted until the position has been awarded. ES reserves the right to cancel the job posting at any time without filling the position. We encourage minority and veteran applicants. ES is an equal opportunity employer.
Commercial Diving Superintendent/Business Development- Stow, OH
EnviroScience, Inc. an ADCI member company since 2006, has conducted a wide range of diving operations since 1998. Over the years, these operations evolved into a division of the company called ES-Divers. ES-Divers offers ADCI and IMCA-compliant surface supplied diving operations, including underwater inspection, underwater construction services, potable water diving, contaminated diving, as well as support for biological studies. ES-Divers has a strong commitment to providing solutions for all of our clients’ in water needs.
Description: We are seeking an experienced, ADCI Air Diving Supervisor with a minimum of 6 years industry work history including near-shore and inland diving to support project acquisition and management. The ideal candidate will have strong supervisory (supervisor certification) and communication skills, as well as an intimate knowledge of local bidding processes and potential clients. Additionally, this candidate should be familiar with ADCI, IMCA, OSHA CFR-29, EM 385-1-1, and AWWA Potable Water diving standards. This position will assist the existing ES-Diver team of supervisors, divers, and business developers to expand the company client base and capabilities. These areas include but are not limited to underwater construction, inspection, power generation plant maintenance and support, salvage, and emergency spill response. This position is based out of northeastern Ohio and supporting our TN, VA, TX and MI offices, and will provide a flexible work schedule. This position will require the ability to travel primarily during the summer and fall months as necessary, but extended deployments (>2-weeks) are not expected.
Responsibilities / Attributes:
- Possess knowledge of the inland diving markets in the Midwest and Eastern United States.
- Ability to attract long and short-term contracts for various diving and underwater projects.
- Prepare proposals and bids to technical specifications.
- Complete dive operation plans and risk assessments, coordinate closely with clients and EnviroScience personnel, and delegate responsibilities for jobs.
- Prepare dive plans, coordinate with client and oversight (USACE, USCG, HSE) personnel.
- Be competent in supervising and directing surface supplied diving operations as needed.
- Current dive certifications desired, but well-qualified non-diving candidates considered.
- Advanced degrees/certifications (PE Engineer, Bridge Inspection Leader) highly desired.
Key Benefits of ES-Divers:
- Be part of an established, growing company that places the highest value on safety, its employees, and quality work.
- Support of a team of experienced dive supervisors and divers doing interesting work.
- The backing of a fulltime marketing and business development program, an established team of commercial diving professionals, and a company resume 11 years of successful diving projects with no fatalities or serious injuries.
- Fulltime benefits including health insurance, profit sharing, and performance bonus.
- A large inventory of top-notch, well-maintained diving equipment and work boats.
Submittal: We encourage veteran and minority applicants and are an equal opportunity employer. Please send cover letter and CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Commercial Diving Superintendent” followed by your name in the subject line.
Bat Ecologist – Stow, Ohio
EnviroScience, Inc. (ES) is recognized as a leader in environmental consulting, ecological restoration, marine services, and biomonitoring in freshwater systems throughout the USA. ES seeks to add a full-time bat ecologist to our growing natural resources division at the Stow Ohio office. This position will involve a full range of tasks including habitat surveys, emergence counts, mist-net surveys, acoustic monitoring, radio telemetry, winter hibernacula surveys, and various other bat-related duties. Valid federal and state collector’s permits are required. This position will include overnight and extended travel during the summer months and some tasks will require strenuous fieldwork.
- Valid federal and state scientific collector’s permits are required.
- Minimum BS degree in biological sciences, environmental science or related field.
- Minimum of 2+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to work independently.
- These positions may include travel and some tasks will require strenuous fieldwork. Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record. Background check required.
Compensation: This is a full time, permanent position after a 30-day probationary period. Salary will be negotiated based on experience and qualifications. ES offers options for health insurance, 401K, bonus opportunities, and many other benefits.
Submittal: We encourage minority applicants and are an equal opportunity employer. Please send cover letter and CV/Resume to Jobs@EnviroScienceInc.com with “Bat Ecologist” followed by your name in the subject line, or fill out the form below with materials attached.
EnviroScience—An Equal Opportunity Employer
Here at EnviroScience, we value a diverse workforce and consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by U.S. laws or regulations.
*E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security