ENVIRONMENTAL INSPECTION, MAINTENANCE, & CONSTRUCTION OVERSIGHT
EnviroScience’s environmental inspection services are designed to help your construction project achieve, maintain, and document environmental compliance, as well as track, sample, and characterize your construction and demolition debris.
We have over 20 full-time environmental inspection experts who offer the professional experience to assist your project through all construction phases—including pre-construction environmental field surveys, tree clearing, right-of-way building, active construction, construction waste tracking and sampling, post-construction restoration, and vegetative growth oversight for compliance and residential quality.
Our CESSWI-certified environmental inspectors are adept and knowledgeable with federal, state, and local environmental permits, as well as the standards and guidelines needed to keep your project moving forward and in compliance with changing environmental regulations.
The environmental inspection team at EnviroScience works with utility companies, oil and gas companies, housing and homeowner associations, and landowners on stationary construction and linear utility projects to help build their environmental compliance programs in the field.
With a focus on stormwater runoff protection and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers wetland and stream impact best management practices, our experts bridge the gap between designers, planners, managers, and field crews by understanding the requirements of the permits at the planning stage and translating the regulations to ensure field personnel understands what they must do to stay in compliance.
We not only perform the weekly and rain-event inspections required by Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP)/EPA permits, but we also identify potential compliance issues and help the design/planning/management team proactively find solutions and develop protocols. In addition, our team equips clients with the information they need to properly dispose of construction and demolition debris generated as a result of their projects.
Our environmental inspection experts are responsible for:
- Providing planning-stage environmental field surveys and structural BMP estimations
- Understanding, implementing, maintaining, and enforcing all procedures and mitigation measures listed in the environmental/construction documents and permits
- Providing environmental training for all project personnel as needed
- Conducting the necessary SWPPP inspections and developing all of the applicable documentation and amendments
- Spot-checking field environmental reviews/design to provide audit function and a second professional opinion
- Providing guidance during construction near or within the boundaries of wetlands, streams, and other environmentally/culturally sensitive areas and habitats
- Providing Ecological Risk Assessments
- Developing and submitting construction-related variance requests
- Evaluating the construction contractor’s implementation of BMPs and environmental mitigation measures required in the contract and other authorizing documents
- Ordering and/or recommending the corrective actions needed to resolve non-compliance issues
- Documenting compliance with the conditions of any environmental permit required by federal, state, and local agencies
- Coordinating all environmental field inspections by federal, state, and local agencies
- Maintaining daily and weekly status reports and providing these reports to the project manager and/or agency officials as requested
- Providing post-construction restoration inspections, reports, and mitigation support
Need help with your project?
Our experts are here to discuss your needs and how we can help you move your project forward. Fill out the form below for more information on our services or to request a quote, and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours. If you need a response within an hour or less, please call us at 800-940-4025.
Few environmental firms in the country retain EnviroScience’s degree of scientific know-how, talent, and capability under one roof. The diverse backgrounds of our biologists, environmental engineers, scientists, and divers enable us to provide comprehensive in-house services and an integrated approach to solving environmental challenges—saving clients time, reducing costs, and ensuring high-quality results.
Our client guarantee is to provide “Excellence in Any Environment,” meaning no matter what we do, we will deliver on our Core Values of respect, client advocacy, quality work, accountability, teamwork, and safety. EnviroScience was created with the concept that we could solve complex problems by empowering great people. This concept still holds true today as our scientists explore the latest environmental legislation and regulations and incorporate the most up-to-date technology to gather and report data.
EnviroScience expertise includes but is not limited to: aquatic surveys (including macroinvertebrate surveys and biological assessments); ecological restoration; ecological services (including impact assessments, invasive species control, and water quality monitoring); emergency response; engineering and compliance services; endangered mussel surveys; laboratory and analysis; stormwater management; threatened and endangered species; and wetlands and streams (including delineation and mitigation). Further, EnviroScience is one of the few biological firms in the country that is a general member of the Association of Diving Contractors International (ADCI) and offers full-service commercial diving services.