Our Bioassay Laboratory provides comprehensive common toxicity tests to help clients comply with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations, National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit requirements, and more.
EnviroScience provides high-quality environmental services to hundreds of satisfied municipal, industrial, and private-sector clients throughout the U.S.
Our excellent reputation with regulatory agencies on both the state and federal levels, our proven methodology, and the professionalism of our experienced biologists afford us confidence in guaranteeing our procedures and reported data will meet all acceptance criteria.
Primary Test Methods*
*Quotations for other test species and test types are available upon request.
Methods for Measuring Acute Toxicity of Effluents and Receiving Waters to Freshwater and Marine Organisms:
- 48-hour Ceriodaphnia dubia (water flea); Method 2002.0
- 48-hour Daphnia magna (water flea); Method 2021.0
- 48-hour or 96-hour Pimephales promelas (fathead minnow); Method 2000.0
- 48-hour Oncorhynchus mykiss (rainbow trout); Method 2019.0 Marine
- 24-hour, 48-hour, & 96-hour Americamysis bahia (mysid shrimp); Method 2007.0
- 48-hour Cyprinodon variegatus (sheepshead minnow); Method 2004.0
Short-term Methods for Estimating the Chronic Toxicity of Effluents and Receiving Water for Freshwater Organisms:
- 7-day Ceriodaphnia dubia (water flea) survival and reproduction; Method 1002.0
- 7-day Pimephales promelas (fathead minnow) growth and survival; Method 1000.096-hr.
- 96-hour Selenastrum capricornutum (green algae) growth; Method 1003.0
Short-term Methods for Estimating the Chronic Toxicity of Effluents and Receiving Water for Marine and Estuarine Organisms:
- 7-day Cyprinodon variegatus (Sheepshead minnow), survival and growth, Method 1004.0
- 7-day Americamysis bahia (mysid shrimp); survival, growth, and fecundity; Method 1007.0
Other Tests Offered
Chronic Daphnia magna Life Cycle Toxicity Test
- 21-day Daphnia magna (water flea) survival and reproduction; ASTM E 1193-97 (2004)
Need help with your project?
Our experts are here to discuss your needs and how we can help you move your project forward. Fill out the form below for more information on our services or to request a quote, and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours. If you need a response within an hour or less, please call us at 800-940-4025.
Few environmental firms in the country retain EnviroScience’s degree of scientific know-how, talent, and capability under one roof. The diverse backgrounds of our biologists, environmental engineers, scientists, and divers enable us to provide comprehensive in-house services and an integrated approach to solving environmental challenges—saving clients time, reducing costs, and ensuring high-quality results.
Our client guarantee is to provide “Excellence in Any Environment,” meaning no matter what we do, we will deliver on our Core Values of respect, client advocacy, quality work, accountability, teamwork, and safety. EnviroScience was created with the concept that we could solve complex problems by empowering great people. This concept still holds true today as our scientists explore the latest environmental legislation and regulations and incorporate the most up-to-date technology to gather and report data.
EnviroScience expertise includes but is not limited to: aquatic survey (including macroinvertebrate surveys and biological assessments); ecological restoration; ecological services (including impact assessments, invasive species control, and water quality monitoring); emergency response; engineering and compliance services; endangered mussel surveys; laboratory and analysis; stormwater management; threatened and endangered species; and wetlands and streams (including delineation and mitigation). Further, EnviroScience is one of the few biological firms in the country that is a general member of the Association of Diving Contractors International (ADCI) and offers full-service commercial diving services.