Common Toxicity Testing
Our Bioassay Lab provides comprehensive common toxicity tests to help clients comply with EPA regulations, NPDES permit requirements, and more.
EnviroScience provides high quality environmental services to hundreds of satisfied municipal, industrial, and private sector clients throughout the Midwest and Northeast. We have clients in Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Illinois, New York, Michigan, Indiana, Tennessee, and many other states. Our company has an excellent reputation with regulatory agencies on both the state and federal level. Our confidence in our methodology and the professionalism of our experienced biologists allows us to guarantee that our procedures and reported data will meet all acceptance criteria.
Primary Test Methods*
*Quotations for other test species and test types are available upon request
Methods for Measuring Acute Toxicity of Effluents and Receiving Waters to Freshwater and Marine Organisms:
- 48-hr. Ceriodaphnia dubia (water flea); Method 2002.0
- 48-hr. Daphnia magna (water flea); Method 2021.0
- 48-hr. or 96-hr. Pimephales promelas (fathead minnow); Method 2000.0
- 48-hr. Oncorhynchus mykiss (rainbow trout); Method 2019.0 Marine
- 24-hr., 48-hr., & 96-hr. Americamysis bahia (mysid shrimp); Method 2007.0
- 48-hr. Cyprinodon variegatus (sheepshead minnow); Method 2004.0
Short-term Methods for Estimating the Chronic Toxicity of Effluents and Receiving Water for Freshwater Organisms:
- 7-day Ceriodaphnia dubia (water flea) survival and reproduction; Method 1002.0
- 7-day Pimephales promelas (fathead minnow) growth and survival; Method 1000.096-hr.
- 96-hr. Selenastrum capricornutum (green algae) growth; Method 1003.0
Short-term Methods for Estimating the Chronic Toxicity of Effluents and Receiving Water for Marine and Estuarine Organisms:
- 7- day Cyprinodon variegatus (Sheepshead minnow), survival and growth, Method 1004.0
- 7-day Americamysis bahia (mysid shrimp); survival, growth and fecundity; Method 1007.0
Other Tests Offered
Chronic Daphnia magna Life Cycle Toxicity Test
- 21-day Daphnia magna (water flea) survival and reproduction; ASTM E 1193-97 (2004)
Need help with your project?
Our experts are here to discuss your needs and how we can help you move your project forward. Fill out the form below for more information on our services or to request a quote and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours. If you need a response within an hour or less, please call us at 800-940-4025.