Bat Week is wrapping up, but we will never forget the importance of these furry critters to our ecosystem and their struggle with white nose syndrome, habitat loss, and other threats. Because of these serious threats, millions of bats have perished and experts are expecting many more species to follow suit. Learn how you can #savethebats by installing a bat house here.
Our bat ecologists routinely complete full-spectrum habitat assessments and surveys for numerous state and federally endangered and threatened bats, including but not limited to:
- The Indiana bat (Myotis sodalis)
- The Northern Long-eared bat (Myotis septentrionalis; NLEB)
- The Gray bat (Myotis grisescens)
- The Virginia Big-eared bat (Corynorhinus townsendii virginianus; VBEB)
- Ozark Big-eared bat (Corynorhinus townsendii ingens; OBEB)
Check out the video below for some interesting facts about these cool creatures.